Tidbits from some of my fave friends…
– Cred to my BF + BFF, Alex L.
Last weekend, we had our 5-year reunion at Vandy. Naturally, a weekend back at college involved drinking too much, eating all the chicken fingers in Nashville, and tailgaiting for (but not actually attending) the football game. But beyond the debauchery, I was reminded of my favorite Tim Ferris quote that goes something like, “You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with, so choose wisely.” I left the weekend feeling pretty solid about my friendship choices : ).
So this week, I’ve been collecting tidbits from some of my favorite ladiezzz. Unlike last week, I did actually remember the 5 senses without any google action, so I’m going to go with that again..
- I saw…This video made me giggle (and tear up) and then giggle some more – Barbie is empowering. Cred to Emily M.
- I heard…the Spotify Playlist, Acoustic Covers. A solid compromise for family car trips. Or just some soothing dinner party mood music. Cred to Pauline K.
- I smelled & tasted…Indonesian Chicken (holy, yum. Thank you Mrs. Brena for introducing this to my world). AND Black Bean Brownies (I know my sweets. The Black Bean may not sound delicious, but I assure you they taste like a decadent fudge). Cred to Alex B. & her mom for the chicken, and Annie D for the brownies.
- I felt (yes, I stroked the t-shirt a few times. But to be fair, this category is a stretch for presenting outfits of the week)….Photo was taken a few Bloody Marys in, so apologies for that weird glare! Carithers totally nailed the ‘I’m casual (but so chic)’ daytime outfit. Shop the look below. Cred to Carithers H.